Monday, February 18, 2013

Yoani Sánchez arrives in Brazil

It is not exactly Internet technology news, but Yoani Sánchez has arrived in Brazil.

She is shown here arriving at Guararapes International airport in the north-eastern Brazilian city of Recife. She was greeted there by both supporters and people who see her as a pawn of the US. (As a colleague once told me, you are doing a good job when both sides are angry with you :-).

She plans to travel to Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Poland, the Czech Republic and the US.

1 comment:

  1. I've received a few comments questioning my motives and either blaming or praising me for posting this note about Yoani Sánchez.

    I thought twice about posting it, but did so because, although little of what she writes on her blog is about the Internet per se, she is an important Internet figure -- an early blogger, teacher and advocate for Cuban Internet access.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics