Thursday, December 22, 2011

A letter to my state security officer (if I have one)

Someone commenting on a previous post suggested that because of this blog, he is sure that I "already have a Security State Official."

If that is the case, let me start by saying "hello" to my security official.

The comment implied that you are watching me because you oppose what I post. If that is the case, you are in good company, because the older Cuban expatriates in the United States also oppose what I post.

A colleague from Radio Marti once told me that he knew he was doing his job well if both sides were angry with him. I guess I am doing my job well.

I hope you will take the time to read what I have posted on this blog and written elsewhere carefully. I trust that you will find much that you agree with and much that you disagree with. The world is grey, not black and white. There is good and bad on both sides.

One thing should be clear -- I watched and was moved by the founding of the Cuban Internet, and my motivation is for the Cuban people and the ways in which the Internet can benefit them.

Well, if you are reading this, it is good to know you. Please feel free to comment on anything you read here or on Google Plus or my other blogs.

If you are ever in Los Angeles, please visit me!

Larry Press

3 comments:

  1. This is fun :)
    I am sure he/she will never come out from the shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just got better, www.ecured.cu is not longer available from outside Cuba. How awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a version in the Google cache from Dec 23, 2011 08:46:58 GMT.

    I doubt that they took it down because of my post -- I bet it is a temporary problem.

    By the way -- I noticed that their discussion forum is hosted by the Youth Club and the post I looked at earlier was from a Youth Club person. Is Ecured a Youth Club project?

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics